Installing and Configuring Cisco AnyConnect VPN
- Microsoft WindowsThe Cisco AnyConnect VPN client is used to make a direct, secure network connections to EHS resources. Only limited, authorized users are permitted to use the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client for Remote Access.
Note: When using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client, you will be required to log in with your Elliot network username and passord + a 6-digit "SecureAuth Code" during each session. There is no option to "Remember" your device.
- You must have the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client installed. (See Below)
- You must have the SecureAuth Authenticator OTP application installed and registered in order to generate the required "SecureAuth Code". Refer to the "First Time User Registration" and "Installing the SecureAuth Authenticator (OTP)" help guides.
1. On your Microsoft Windows device, download the Cisco Anyconnect VPN Client from the following location:
CISCO ANYCONNECT VPN CLIENT - WINDOWS
2. When prompted, choose to Run the setup program.
3. Accept all default installation options to install the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client. Be sure to accept the license terms.
4. Once the install is complete, locate and launch the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client on your Windows Start Menu.
5. Enter "ehsvpn.elliot-hs.org" in the connection window and click "Connect".
6. Enter your login information and SecureAuth One-Time Password, then click OK.
Group = Provided Separately by EHS IT Department
Username = Elliot Network Username
Password = Elliot Network Password
Second Password = 6-digit SecureAuth One-Time Passcode, generated by the SecureAuth Authenticator app.
6. Procedure complete. You should now be succesfully connected to the Elliot network via Cisco AnyConnect VPN. Note: Please be sure to disconnect the VPN when no longer in use. To disconnect, right-click on the Cisco AnyConnect VPN icon in thw Windows system tray and choose "Disconnect".