Installing and Configuring Cisco AnyConnect VPN
- Mac OSXThe Cisco AnyConnect VPN client is used to make a direct, secure network connections to EHS resources. Only limited, authorized users are permitted to use the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client for Remote Access.
Note: When using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client, you will be required to log in with your Elliot network username and passord + a 6-digit "SecureAuth Code" during each session. There is no option to "Remember" your device.
- You must have the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client installed. (See Below)
- You must have the SecureAuth Authenticator OTP application installed and registered in order to generate the required "SecureAuth Code". Refer to the "First Time User Registration" and "Installing the SecureAuth Authenticator (OTP)" help guides.
1. On your Mac OSX device, download the Cisco Anyconnect VPN Client from the following location:
CISCO ANYCONNECT VPN CLIENT - MAC OSX
2. Once the download is complete, locate and run the AnyConnect "DMG" file..
3. Run the AnyConnect.pkg application..
4. Click Continue to begin the installation process. Be sure to accept the license terms.
5. IMPORTANT - In the Installation Type screen, only select "VPN". Leave all other options un-checked.
6. Allow the installation to complete and click Close. When prompted, choose Move to Trash to clean up the installer file.
6. Once the install is complete, locate and launch the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client using your Mac OSX Finder.
7. Enter "ehsvpn.elliot-hs.org" in the connection window and click "Connect".
8. Enter your login information and SecureAuth One-Time Password, then click OK.
Group = Provided Separately by EHS IT Department
Username = Elliot Network Username
Password = Elliot Network Password
Second Password = 6-digit SecureAuth One-Time Password, generated by the SecureAuth Authenticator app.
9. Procedure complete. You should now be succesfully connected to the Elliot network via Cisco AnyConnect VPN. Note: please be sure to disconnect the VPN when no longer in use. To disconnect, click on the Cisco AnyConnect VPN icon in the Mac OSX utility area and choose "Disconnect".